We value your privacy. Here is our commitment to you.
This Statement is given in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and the application of the Australian Privacy Principals therein. This document sets out the policies of homed for managing personal information collected by homed in any transaction or potential transaction you may have with the company.
Personal information we collect
We collect information which is only necessary to perform our function as a real estate agent. This may include but not be limited to all homed business functions, eg: letting, management, refurbishment, and maintenance of properties.
The types of personal information we may collect, use or disclose about you includes but is not limited to:
- Your full name;
- Your date of birth;
- Your residential address;
- Your postal address;
- Your email address;
- Your home telephone number;
- Your work telephone number;
- Your mobile telephone number;
- Your occupation and business address;
- Financial information including details of your employer, income, name of bank or financial institution;
- Details of your spouse, de facto, dependent children, and roommates;
- Details of properties owned by you.
Why we collect personal information
We collect, update and use personal information about you to carry on our business, including but not limited to:
- Leasing and management of properties including payment of creditors and landlords
through electronic payment systems
- Processing of tenancy applications including confirmation of identity, assessment of ability
to meet rental payments and take appropriate care of a property during a tenancy
- Establishment of rent payment services when you become a tenant. eg: direct debit, payment books, etc
- Contact of next of kin in an emergency situation
- Research and development of new products and services
- Training and quality control processors
- Positive identification and verification purposes when communicating with you over the
- Communication of a related company’s or a third party’s marketing offers to you and/or
other parties nominated on forms completed by us for you
- To meet our legal obligations. eg: In accordance with legislation
How we collect information
Generally we collect personal information directly from you, such as when you apply for a product or service. We also access personal information available on commercial databases which is used in the processing of tenancy applications and marketing of our services.
Disclosure of your personal information
As stated, the above information is collected for a variety of purposes. In fulfilling the duties and obligations associated with these uses, it is sometimes necessary to disclose your data to a third party. eg: A maintenance contractor, building inspector or valuer engaged to perform work on the property. If you are a tenant and you default on your tenancy agreement, then the information may also be disclosed to a tenancy database for use by another member agent. When information is disclosed to any other party, it is done in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act and other legislative requirements which may exist at the time.
We may disclose your personal information to recipients within Australia or to overseas. Should information be required to be sent interstate or overseas, we will take steps to protect the privacy of your information and ensure that third parties comply with the Australian legislation.
Access to your personal information
Anyone who has provided personal information to us may access this information and provide corrections to it if appropriate. This will be carried out in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy legislation. If your personal details change, such as your telephone number, address, please contact us so that we can continue to provide you with our products and services.
From time to time we use information supplied to us by commercial database companies for marketing our company services. This is done in accordance with the provisions of the APP. Prospective clients and customers are given the opportunity to be excluded from any marketing activities and can elect not to receive specific and direct marketing communication from us. e.g. unsubscribe function from newsletters.
Should you have a complaint that relates to how we have collected or used the information you have provided, we would like the opportunity to remedy the situation. To lodge a complaint, please forward your complaint in writing to:
The General Manager
Homed Pty Ltd
PO Box 531
NEW FARM QLD 4005